Sara A. Smoter – Associate
Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 2016, cum laude)
University of Pittsburgh (B.A., 2013)
- Professional/Civic Involvement
Sara A. Smoter is the newest Associate at Kaufman & Company. She is a 2016 cum laude graduate of Case Western Reserve University School of Law in Cleveland, Ohio. Ms. Smoter earned her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science at the University of Pittsburgh. She is admitted to the Ohio State Bar.
- Prior to joining Kaufman & Company, Ms. Smoter gained valuable experience working as a law clerk in a business and insurance litigation firm and through externships with two Federal Judges: The Honorable Kim R. Gibson, District Judge for the Western District of Pennsylvania and The Honorable Kathleen B. Burke, District Magistrate Judge for the Northern District of Ohio, and The United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Ohio.
- While at Case Western Reserve University, Ms. Smoter served as Executive Notes Editor of Law Review. Ms. Smoter also participated actively in Case Western Reserve’s Mock Trial Team and served as a writing tutor for a Litigation Legal Writing course.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metro Bar Association