Katherine M. Poldneff – Senior Counsel
New York University School of Law (J.D., 2004)
Vanderbilt University (B.A., 2001)
U.S. District Court, N.D. Ohio
- Professional/Civic Involvement
Katherine M. Poldneff focuses her practice at Kaufman & Company on complex commercial litigation and employment disputes. Her experience spans cases involving the False Claims Act, pharmaceutical pricing, Medicaid and Medicare fraud, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty in the healthcare receivables industry, securities fraud, defamation, and a variety of complex commercial contract disputes. She has also handled various employment discrimination matters both at the administrative and litigation stages. Prior to joining Kaufman & Company, Katherine was a litigation associate at a nationally-ranked full-service law firm.
Katherine obtained her Bachelor’s degree from Vanderbilt University, graduating cum laude and with honors from the College Scholars Program, with a dual major of English and Communications. She earned her Juris Doctorate from the New York University School of Law in 2004. While at New York University, she was a part of the Civil Rights Clinic, Employment Discrimination Section.
- Part of litigation team that successfully defended pharmaceutical companies in multi-state, multi-defendant pharmaceutical pricing litigations involving both state and federal fraud claims based on Medicare and Medicaid law, as well as the federal False Claims Act.
- Part of litigation team that successfully defended indenture trustee bank in multi-party fraud action in the healthcare receivables industry.
- Part of litigation team that successfully settled complex commercial contract dispute involving the construction of a large, mixed-use real estate project.
- Part of litigation team that successfully settled complex contract disputes involving breach of fiduciary duty claims between and among the principals of a partnership and an LLC.
- Part of litigation team that successfully prosecuted and settled action based on fraud, conversion, and breach of contract on behalf of real estate development company specializing in FHA-insured, multi-family real estate projects.
- Part of litigation team currently representing real estate development company in a complex commercial contract dispute involving various contract and tort claims related to a long-term licensing agreement.
- Part of litigation team that successfully defended nationally prominent non-profit organization in case involving the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Part of litigation team that challenged hospital disciplinary action in sexual harassment matter and reached favorable settlement.
- Part of team that successfully represented Department of Veterans’ Affairs engineer in race discrimination case before the EEOC and ultimately led to successful recovery in federal court.
- Part of litigation teams that successfully defended clients in various other employment discrimination cases, including age and religious discrimination claims before the Connecticut Human Rights Commission and the Second Circuit.
- Part of litigation teams that both prosecuted and defended a number of complex commercial contract disputes.
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Women in Law Section Member
- Volunteer for CMBA/Federal Bar Association Reach out for Non-Profits Program