Eileen Cunningham – Associate
New York University School of Law (J.D., 2004)
Georgetown University (M.A., 2000)
Johns Hopkins University (B.A., 1997)
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Professional/Civic Involvement
With more than a decade of experience in litigation, Ms. Cunningham has represented clients in complex commercial matters, as well as copyright and trademark, real estate litigation, international arbitrations, securities and government investigations. Prior to joining Kaufman & Company, Ms. Cunningham was a litigator at Grais & Ellsworth LLP, where she focused her practice on representing institutional investors in complex securities litigation matters.
Ms. Cunningham is admitted to the New York State Bar, as well as the Southern District of New York. Ms. Cunningham obtained her Juris Doctor from the New York University School of Law, and her Master of Arts in Government with a concentration in American Politics from Georgetown University. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Writing Seminars at Johns Hopkins University.
- Represented Federal Home Loan Bank of Seattle and Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco in high profile actions against major investment banks to rescind the purchase of more than a billion dollars in securities backed by Alt-A mortgage loans.
- Represented Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in high profile actions against major investment banks to rescind the purchase of more than a billion dollars in Alt-A mortgage-backed securities previously made by banks put in receivership.
- Represented international media corporation in numerous trademark and copyright infringement actions.
- Represented asylum seeker before federal court.
- Represented individual complainant in dispute regarding lack of definition within statutory language.
- Represented international investment bank defending against a $30 million dollar action involving a failed collateralized bond obligation.
- New York State Bar Association